What Is a Dental Bridge?
A dental bridge is a restoration that fills the gap left by a missing tooth. The restoration consists of an artificial tooth held in place by two or more crowns on either side. Dental bridges can replace one or more teeth and are custom-made with durable materials such as porcelain, gold, and other alloys.
Common Dental Issues That Dental Bridges Can Address
Dental bridges are an effective solution for a range of issues, such as:
- Replacing a missing tooth
- Restoring a natural-looking smile
- Maintaining proper jaw alignment and bite
- Preventing teeth from shifting to the space left by the missing tooth
- Restoring chewing and speaking abilities.
What are the Types Of Dental Bridges Available in Libertyville, IL?
At Heather Ridge Laser Dentistry, we offer several types of bridges for our patients in Libertyville, IL.
- Traditional Bridges – This type of bridge consists of a false tooth supported by two crowns on either side. The supporting teeth (abutment teeth) are usually the adjacent natural teeth to the missing tooth.
- Cantilever Bridges – This type of bridge is used when there is only one adjacent natural tooth to the missing tooth. It consists of a single crown and a false tooth attached to it.
- Implant-supported Bridges – This type of bridge uses dental implants as anchors instead of the abutment or adjacent teeth.
What are the Benefits Of Dental Bridges?
Dental bridges have several advantages, such as:
- Improved Speech – A dental bridge can help restore your ability to speak clearly without impediments.
- Restored Smile – Dental bridges replace missing teeth and provide a natural-looking smile.
- Durability – With proper care, dental bridges can last for years or even decades.
- No Surgery Required – Unlike dental implants, a dental bridge does not require invasive surgery and can be completed in one office visit.
What To Expect During the Procedure?
The dental bridge procedure usually requires two-three visits to complete. During your first visit, we will examine your mouth and take impressions of the area to be restored. The next step is for us to create a customized dental bridge that fits perfectly in your mouth. During the second visit, we place the bridge and make any necessary adjustments to ensure it fits comfortably and looks natural.
What Is the Proper Oral Hygiene Practices for Dental Bridges?
Caring for your dental bridge is essential to maintain its longevity. We recommend you brush and floss twice daily and use mouthwash to keep your gums healthy. Avoiding hard or sticky food and seeing our dentist regularly for check-ups and cleanings are also important.
How Much Does Dental Bridges Cost in Libertyville, IL?
A dental bridge's cost depends on the restoration type and material used. We accept several payment options, including insurance, cash, debit card, and credit card as forms of payment.