SureSmile - An Overview
SureSmile by Dentsply Sirona comes with a series of clear, virtually undetectable aligners custom-created from digital scans of your teeth. Once in place, your invisible braces will precisely shift your teeth into alignment by placing gentle pressure where needed. The revolutionary orthodontic solution will straighten your teeth and deliver the smile of your dreams without anyone knowing.
You’ll need to wear your SureSmile clear aligners for 20-22 hours each day to keep your progress on track. As you move from one set of aligners to the next in the series about every two weeks, your teeth will slowly shift to their ideal positions following your custom treatment plan.
Invisalign - An Overview
Invisalign has many similarities to SureSmile. The custom-fit clear aligner system brought to you by Align technology relies on a series of custom aligners to gently straighten your teeth by placing the right amount of pressure in the right place at the right time. About every two weeks, you’ll swap your aligner set for the next in the series until all the adjustments are complete.
Just like with SureSmile, compliance is key to the success of your treatment. You’ll need to wear your virtually invisible aligners for 20-22 hours each day for the best results.
What Are the Benefits of Clear Aligner Therapy?
SureSmile and Invisalign offer numerous advantages over traditional braces, including the following:
- Discreet Orthodontic Treatment Options: Your aligners are virtually invisible, meaning that most people around you won’t even notice they are there.
- Faster Treatment Times: Your clear aligners will straighten your teeth in 6-12 months, unlike metal braces, which usually require 12-24 months of treatment.
- You Can Eat Anything You Want:Your aligners are removable, so you can take them out to eat any of your favorite foods, unlike braces, which come with many food restrictions.
- Easier Oral Hygiene Care:You can remove your invisible braces and brush and floss as you normally would, enhancing your oral health.
- Unmatched Comfort:SureSmile and Invisalign aligners are much more comfortable than traditional braces with their metal brackets and wires.
Require Fewer Office Visits: With clear aligner therapy, you won’t need to tighten wires or make frequent adjustments as with braces, translating to fewer maintenance visits during the treatment process.
SureSmile vs. Invisalign - Which One Is Right for You?
SureSmile and Invisalign offer excellent orthodontic solutions for individuals who want to straighten their teeth and achieve perfect smiles without dealing with metal braces. Both correct a range of concerns, including crooked, gapped, unevenly spaced, and crowded teeth and problems with the bite, including underbites, overbites, crossbites, and open bites.
For more complex orthodontic cases, such as large gaps between teeth and severe overbites, SureSmile produces better treatment results. Dr. Nallasamy will evaluate your smile’s unique needs and recommend the ideal orthodontic solution. Whether you choose SureSmile or Invisalign, you can expect a dramatic smile transformation.